Monday, July 13, 2009

Some Updates

Long time no blog - nothing really new recently. My weeks since May has been pretty routine. It typically involved being in Waterloo from Sunday afternoon/evening to Thursday morning, and in Toronto from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.

Monday would be school from 10-1130, work from 1230-430, back to school from 7-10p. Tuesdays would be class 1-4, 7-10, and Wednesday a repeat of Monday without the 7-10p.

Thursdays would start whenever I decide to wake up, go back to TO, and softball. And both Saturday/Sunday would involved church/softball in some way, shape or form.

It's been a pretty fast 2 months (May and June), with the 2 months literally feeling like it flew by. Grinded out a bit playing online poker in June, and managed to luck my way into winning 2 World Series of Poker Main Event seats, and flew down to Vegas to play in that. Trip itself was pretty much similar to my trip last July, with the only exception being that I actually played in the Main Event. The tournament itself went about as bad as it could without anything major. It was a slow and painful grind til I busted out. I ended up being away for a week, and now back in school to grind out the rest of this semester.

As for what's happening after this term, I think I can seriously say I'm lost and confused with "life" for the first time in my 22 years on earth. It felt like a good plan initially about either doing more school from Sept - Dec to complete my CHRP designation, take a couple of trips in early parts of 2010, and settle down and look for a full time gig in April/May of 2010. Having sat down and talked with my parents, I'm not sure how well that plan will fly. Furthermore, I'm not sure whether to go pursue the additional courses through UW, or other institutions closer to home. Part of me wants to remain in UW, as the Athletics Department has been able to (and will be able to continue to) allow me to be employed on a part-time basis while being in school, something I probably will not be able to continue should I go elsewhere. In addition, UW has been my home for 4 years, I'm not sure if I want to simply pick up my bags and go to another school "closer to home".

Another side of me is realizing how much money it's really costing to live away from home, as well as the other benefits of living at home. While I wish I can say I found a spiritual home in Waterloo, I cannot say that being completely honest with myself. While the CCF has been consistently providing me with spiritual support, it has never truly felt like home. I guess the saying of you get what you put into something definitely rings true to my involvement with the UWCCF throughout my 4 years here. Lastly, having finally looked at the course schedule for Fall 2009, the classes offered and their schedule will create a less-than-ideal schedule for me.

Time to really start praying about this...at least it was good to get one thing off my chest.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Make a pros/cons list! I dunno! Anyway, I'm sure things will work out. =) You're lucky it's only the first time you're "lost". haha.