Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Emo-ness on Twitter

Just had a chat with a friend last night, and wow, my eyes were opened. I guess it all started when she mentioned she noticed various tweets on my Twitter once in awhile, and was in a way worried that I've "turned" emo and was shutting off myself from the world and only communicating my feelings via the means of Twitter*

*Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow open access. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. (taken from wikipedia.org)

In any case, the chat made me realize that 140 characters is simply not enough to thorough communicate my "true" feelings at any point, and that some of it might do more harm than good as it is quite misleading. For example - just yesterday I made a tweet along the lines of "Sometimes I should considering driving with my radio off". In short, I really felt the time I was able to spend with God, talking to Him and just spending the time with Him was valuable. However, she mentioned that she misinterpreted as something more serious. Another one involved went along the lines of "I really need to get my head screwed back on the right way". It was just an innocent tweet that I posted as I made the same mistake towards a problem that I have already made several times - yet it was again misinterpreted.

In any case, thank you again (you know who you are) for that little chat, and also I guess as a reminder/wake-up call on how I have been expressing myself and the needs to be more careful. Time to official wipe that "emo" tag off myself again...jeez, emo is like one of the last words I would associate myself with..blah!

No comments: