Saturday, February 02, 2008

Argh!

This sucks! After fixing my sleeping patterns this week, my stupid throat just has to start acting up and itch tonight, and now I can't sleep!

Not being able to sleep, it got me thinking, and thus started a bit of link-stalking. What do people even blog about now-a-days anyways? Is it just a diary? If its a diary, then why does some people not write everything down? I don't know, I'll probably end up going in circles anyways, since I'm not really organizing my thoughts and just writing them down. So if a blog is not a diary by its traditional definition, how would you explain what a blog is to someone who have been on Mars for the past decade? Something/someplace/an avenue in which a person uses to express their thoughts and opinions? But blogs aren't only about thoughts and opinions, some people keep others updated about their life via blogs (like mine to a certain degree). How would you define a "blog"?

Speaking of blogs, is it a fad like Friendster (and potentially Facebook)? Or is it here to stay? I've found many old blogs where the writer neglect the blog, or has neglected the blogs for months, if not a year or more. Sometimes a user goes back to it periodically, or will never go back, or one day just decide to "revive" his/her blog. I know I have done it, and many others have done so. Is "blogging" something that have phases as well?

No comments: