Monday, August 31, 2009

New Idea

So I guess this has been an idea that's floating around my head for a little while, and recently talked to a couple of people just to gauge how feasible this may be. The reception of it has been a mixture of warm/hot, but so far have not received a negative feedback, so maybe this could be a project that I may pursue in the future? Although I would definitely like to receive more feedback before even considering pursuing this.

Here is the idea - instead of having a league with strictly one sport, a league is created with a rotation of sports. This is to encourage participants to not only play a sport they might be good at (or play the one sport they have played all their lives), but to encourage participants to broaden out their interest. The goal is to strive to improve at a sport they rarely play, or try out a new sport the participants have yet to experiment playing.

I know the initial concept will run into many problems, which includes (but not limited to) things like disparity between skill levels of the participants, how to go about introducing a sport to those new to it while keeping those who have experience playing interested. Still needs some more thinking.

For the record - I know there is something like this out there (a multi-sport league). I'm just throwing around the idea of possibly starting one up within/for the community that I'm currently involved with - basically just getting it off the ground.

2 comments:

hazel said...

I believe there are a couple in existence already... TNS (Toronto North Sports) and TCSSA also has one in the fall. Maybe start a Christian one? :D

dani. said...

CCSA?? S = Sports!?! GENIUS!!