Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Do you really know someone?

It's been a funny few days the last little while. While dealing with some relationship issues either between friends, it came to my attention that there were a certain few individuals who claims to know how I feel and what not. It was just one of those random casual conversation over msn, but somehow became a discussion about the perceptions some people have about certain individuals/things.

I'll just be using myself as an example here as I don't feel like it is in my place to comment on others. I've had a couple of individuals come up to me, telling me that certain individuals that are close to me (or at least I hang around alot), have been saying certain things about me to them whether it's directly, or indirectly. Not necessarily gossip, but just general comments regarding my state-of-mind/well-being, essentially just pretending as though they understand me very well. It turns out that most of what this individual has said were merely bull-crap pulled from thin-air. I truly believe that the statements made by this certain individual has no real backing, and is just either assumptions that has been made, or merely this individual's attempt to pretend like he/she understands me. I have no idea what the intention of this individual has to do what he/she is doing, but I can only guess it is either due to the lack of maturity this person possesses, or this individual just needs better things to do with his/her time.

Am I pissed/angry? I don't know, I guess I can't really say I am. If anything, I feel frustrated and annoyed as a result of this, as I feel like it has affected how others interact with me due to this person's assumption of who I am and how I feel.


Edit: One last thought that crossed my mind - I think it's stuff like this, that really discourages accountability, and being open to others in general. As someone whom has never been too comfortable with opening up, it's stuff like this which makes it even harder to have the willingness to openly share about thoughts in general.

No comments: