Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Reflections

So here I am, spent 8 hours at the library today, and 3 hours in class, and what have I accomplished thus far? Nothing really. I got 20% done on an essay, when I was hoping to have it completely finished by now. I guess its going to be another long night...sweet.
I noticed lately that my blogs has gone from a long one every week or two, to a really short one every other day or so. I don't know whats better, but it feels like now I can just write whenever I have something on my mind.
All this time spent in the library today, so why did I only get so little done? Well, for some reason thoughts just started rushing into my head. I had really good talk with someone from CCF a few days ago about stretching yourself over too many ministries. This isn't what this blog is really about, but its more like what came up after that conversation. What happened after...there were a few people who were younger (this year frosh) who went to TC in the past. So they overheard me and this other guy talking about us serving at TC, and they said "How come I don't recognize you guys?". So I pulled up some pictures and they were still "I think I have an idea of who you are...". After they said that, I felt a sense of relieve, a sense of joy. Normally people would be like "ouch..." (or various forms of 1 liners with similiar meaning), but I was glad I wasn't recognized. In the end, the whole ministry, everyone serving, isn't, and shouldn't be there to glorify themselves, but everyone's focus should be on God. Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing anyone, nor am I in the position to judge, I'm merely going through my own experience, where at various times, I felt my heart wasn't right. Through it all, I've found myself at various times relying on myself rather then relying through God's strength. I've found myself wanting to show off myself, rather then having people see more of God through me. In the end, I firmly believe there was a purpose in everything, it was a lesson that I learned, and a maturing process for myself to draw closer to Him. I'm no where close to where I need to be, but I believe that everything that happens have its purpose.
Ok...that was another 20 minutes "wasted"...so I should get back to work.

TTOW!

No comments: