Monday, March 29, 2004

I couldn't have worded this better myself, so I have just copy + pasted the entire blog from Jeffoo, so read it and you'll know how i feel.

"So I overreacted.

I'm sorry.

I did not mean to appear like an insensitive prick.

Though I was indeed trying to get work done.

And I had a lot on my plate.

Yeah okay, I will get it done, but work with me here, by helping me, we can acheive things, but you chose to perhaps follow this little trend.

I'm not saying that everyone's just doing things because other people are doing it.

But this is just how this world works, doesn't it?

The media makes things much bigger than they seem.

I'm not saying that Cecilia's situation was not tragic.

My deepest sympathies goes out to those close to her and those who know her and those who were affected by this.

Now, I went out for dinner.

Before, everything was as usual.

I came back, opened up yahoo, saw the news article about how they found the "remains".

Made me sick to my stomach.

Shocked at what humans are capable of doing.

Now what's this whole "put an X to your name in memory"?

Then what's this whole "put C instead of X because X means anti-semetic?"

It can mean whatever people want it to mean. A sign of respect, a sign of discrimination, whatever. You don't go telling people to do things. People can be sympathizing on their own.

Now suddenly this whole thing becomes a whole game to them. A whole freaking joke to them. Turned this whole thing into a game of "my letter has more meaning than your letter".

Oh boo hoo, get a hobby, you don't turn a tragedy into a joke.

"We don't need X or C! Come join WP! It stands for 'we're prayin''"

Is this a game for you? Are we making teams now?

I really hope the starters of X, C, and WP, and any other letters out there that haven't reached this side of earth yet didn't have the intention of going "Whoohoo, I created a trend!"

"Where's your respect?"

Where's your sincerity?

Is it.. necessary to become angry with one when they don't join your silly little clan?

Now firstly, that's where they've got it wrong. It's not a freaking clan. Got it? Your thoughts and attitudes towards this matter is your own, your own thoughts, your own feelings. NOT ANYBODY ELSE'S, only yours. What, you think people will applaud you if you conform to their needs? Well, they actually do. That's what this world comes to. But whatever, we're just a bunch of goonies running around, being slave to groups that seperate people from people.

Secondly, who are you trying to impress with your little badge of belonging? Oh wait, everyone. They're so amused by the fact that you're a SOMEBODY.

But I do applaud those who are sincerely showing Cecilia and family their condolences.

World is indeed sick.

And it's also pathetic.

Like it says in some blogs I've seen tonight...

Come, Lord Jesus, Come."

Start of my own stuff:
I mean what does it matter if its X, C, or whatever letter you choose to have it. Are you truely doing this to have people see your name and say "wow, this person has heart", or are you doing it to truely remember the loss of an innocent life. I'm not trying to say that everyone who has the C or the X or the WP or whatever is like that. I know there are people out there who truely puts the letter infront of their names to truely mark it as a reminder to them of what happened, and I admitt, I was one of those who had a letter in front of my name. What annoyed me was the people fighting over what to use and what not to use or just forcing people to put it in their name, simply for the sake of joining the rest of the pack. People can show their respect and sympathy in their own way, why must you force your standards onto others? Anyways, Jeff said it better than I did, so yeah, he summarize how I felt, well, he was slightly more upset than I was, but he pretty much said what I wanted to say...

No comments: