Sunday, September 16, 2007

APPT Seoul - Wasn't meant to be

Was actually pretty excited for this satellite, one in ten shot in getting a seat in the APPT tourney in Seoul in a couple of weeks. It seemed like I had a pretty tough table draw seeing how I recognized a couple of names and thats never a good thing. Was totally card-dead early on, combining with the fact that I misplayed a hand, I was down to 1500 from 3000 starting stack by first break. There were at least a couple of donks at the table, but I just couldn't get a hand to play against them. Won two consecutive double-up hands after coming back from break to get back to average stack. Finally picked up a hand vs. one of the donks, when I raised with AK UTG+1 and he literally pushes all in and I insta-call. He shows 77, which isn't all the surprising. Was hoping for a hand like Ax or Kx where I am in better shape, but I wasn't laying the hand down to him in that spot. He flops a set, turn gave me an additional 8 outs for a chop but the river blank and it just wasn't meant to be.

In retrospect, I could've gotten away from the AK but his range was to wide and I was a favorite against most of the hands, and definitely could've had him dominated, I don't think it made sense to fold. If it was from a couple of the other players at the table, then an argument could be made for folding, but against this one player, I think I got it in good.

So I guess my next goal is one of the EPTs as the finale in Australia conflicts with exams...

No comments: