Thursday, October 12, 2006

Quick Update

I really need to update this blog on a more regularly basis, but I don't always have things to say, or I don't know how to express them in words, or I'm just too "busy with school work".

Something funny happened recently on one of my many adventures aboard the wonderful greyhound motor coaches. I was seated behind this lady, and theres something special about this lady. Her head is like a bobblehead! I am not even joking, when I say the WHOLE trip from Kitchener to Toronto, her head just did not stop "bobbling". Normally I would be sleeping the whole trip, but since I did get a decent night sleep the night before, plus it was after a morning class, so I wasn't exactly tired yet. I ended up watching some shows on my Zen Vision M, and everytime I looked up, her head was bobbling! So that kept me amused for a bit.

On to a more serious subject. As alot of you know, I am an avid sports fan, I cannot get enough of sports. But a comment from my friend made me sick to my stomach. After the tragic death of Cory Lidle yesterday, my friend approaches me and says "Don't you wish that was Derek Jeter in that plane? Or don't you think the Red Sox fans wished it was Johnny Damon in that plane?". I admitt, I'm not a big fan of the Yankees (but I do have alot of respect for Derek Jeter), but this is no laughing matter. I don't wish upon anyone to have that kind of death, nor do I wish anyone to be going through what his family is going through right now. But there must a line drawn between being a sports fan and hating a team/player, to what goes on in reality.

Enough about that, on to other things. It was an awesome Thanksgiving weekend, got to spend some time with people that I haven't seen for a long time. Celebrated an elementary school friend's birthday, got to catch up with a few guys from high school, and bumping into quite a few high school people along the way, felt a bit like a mini-unofficial-unplanned-reunion. Had a good time at the Lumas reunion. Spent a great deal of time chatting with Nelson in front of the TV, but it was great to have the chance to get to know him better.

Had an extremely short week this week, not that I'm complaining =D Its going to be a pretty crazy week the next couple of weeks. Got a couple of papers due, and a couple of midterms coming up. Have to finish 2 articles that combine for 50 pages this weekend, fun stuff.

By the way, I got a extra ticket to the Jean Beliveau signing taking place at the Hard Rock Cafe on Nov 14th. Its valued at $29 and can be "traded" fo ran autograph on a "flat item" (aka pictures). Let me know if you're interested.

TTOW!

2 comments:

Willio said...

Exactly what I said to you on MSN......................

BOBBLEHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

` crystaℓℓ♥ said...

teehee... haha... bobblehead.. =DD

RIP - Cory..

haha.. get to know nellyson.. xDD..

byeeee